The effect of food on the body can’t be overemphasized. The food you eat would affect how good you look. This is not mere gainsaying, it’s the truth. People that eat healthy look healthy. And people that eat a lot of junk don’t look as healthy. That’s because there are foods known as anti-aging foods. These foods are known to help improve health and also slow down the aging process. So to help give you an idea of the foods you should be eating we will be looking at anti-aging food for the face. One thing that you can be sure of is eating these foods would give your skin a better feel and look.
The skin has a lot of factors that affect how it looks. There are external factors like exposure to sunlight, type of skincare products, and exposure to other toxins. On the other hand, you have the effect of food, drugs, aging, and even genetics. There are so many things we have to put into consideration. But one that you must bear in mind is that many of these things can be controlled. There are things you can do and things you can avoid to get that glowing skin that you want. And one is eating well. So let’s find out the top 10 anti-aging food for the face to boost glowing skin.
Top 10 Anti-Aging Food for Face To Boost Glowing Skin
- Watercress: This is one leafy green that is loaded with nutrients. It is rich in minerals such as potassium, phosphorus, calcium, and manganese. Also, it’s rich in vitamins A, B1 and B2, C and K. It is known to be a natural skin antiseptic. It also helps increase the delivery and circulation of minerals to different cells in the body. All thanks to the vitamins present it is known to have antioxidant properties. This means that it affects when it comes to getting rid of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Papaya: This is one fruit that is also very rich in vitamins and antioxidants. It is known to help reduce fine lines as well as improve the elasticity of the skin. That way it can reduce wrinkling. The vitamins present are vitamins A, B, K, C, and E. It also contains minerals like potassium, calcium, and magnesium. Because of the large number of antioxidants present, it can delay some of the signs that come with aging.
- Broccoli: It is both anti-aging and anti-inflammatory. It is known to contain so many antioxidants and other nutrients. It is known to contain a good amount of vitamin C. And vitamin C is one vitamin that is very important for the elasticity of the skin.
- Nuts: Nuts are known to be good sources of vitamin E. And this vitamin is very effective when it comes to repairing skin tissue. It is also known to protect the skin from UV rays and then keep the skin moist.
- Sweet potatoes: This is a good source of beta-carotene. Beta-carotene is being converted to vitamin A. And vitamin A also plays a role in skin elasticity and making the skin soft and fresh. It also contains vitamins C and E. And these are good vitamins for protecting the skin from free radicals.
- Avocado: This fruit is known to anti-inflammatory in effect. This gives the skin a smooth and supple feel. There are different nutrients in avocado that help slow down the aging process. It contains a good amount of vitamin A. Vitamin A is known to help get rid of dead cells. That way you are left with fresh and glowing skin.
- Spinach: It is known to be full of antioxidants and very hydrating. Its role in the body is replenishment and oxygenating the body. It is rich in magnesium, lutein, vitamins A, K, C, and E. Since it’s rich in these vitamins it helps with collagen production. And this makes the skin smooth.
- Blueberries: This fruit is rich in both vitamins A and C. It also contains an antioxidant known as anthocyanin. This is what gives this fruit its color. The antioxidants help with the protection of the skin. At the same time, it prevents the loss of collagen.
- Red bell pepper: This is full of antioxidants. And it’s one of the best options for anti-aging. It also contains a good amount of vitamin C. And which helps with the production of collagen. It also contains carotenoids. It helps protect the skin from any form of damage from the sun.
- Pomegranate seeds: This for so many years has been a medicinal fruit. It is rich in antioxidants and vitamin C. This is a combination that helps in protecting the body from damage. It also helps reduce inflammation.
That’s a good question. Since you now have an idea of foods that can help out with anti-aging begin to work with these foods. Change your grocery list and try as much as you can to eat these foods. Include them in your daily eating and watch while you do so. It’s expected that after a while you would see the changes in skin tone. Your skin would look fresher and softer. This is something many people have tried before and it has worked for them so yours wouldn’t be a different case.
Make sure that you try as much as you can to opt for fresh products. Their nutrients are still intact and it would benefit your skin a great deal.
Just make sure you balance the foods well. Make sure you make a proper plan as to how you will eat these anti-aging food for the face. That way you will be intentional about making necessary changes. If you feel you wouldn’t be able to work it out yourself then you can opt for a dietitian to help you out. With the help of a dietitian, you would be able to come up with a good plan.